- 4 blade pork steaks (boneless, 3/4-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 red bell pepper (large, cut into strips)
- 1 cup radishes (OR water chestnuts, sliced)
- 3 ounces pea pods (frozen, thawed)
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- cooked rice (optional)
- In large skillet, heat oil. Brown steaks over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side. Lower heat. Combine hoisin sauce, water, soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder, onion powder and hot pepper sauce. Add to skillet. Cover tightly and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, turning chops over once. Add radishes and pepper strips. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Remove meat from skillet; keep warm. Stir pea pods into mixture; heat through. Thicken if desired with 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water; stir into hot mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Serve vegetables and chops with hot cooked rice if desired.