Pork Shoulder With 'orange' OnionAs receitas lá de casa
The pork shoulder is first seasoned with lemon juice, white wine, and garlic and allowed to marinate overnight in the refrigerator, so you'll need to do this the day before you plan to serve the dish. On the day of, you'll also need to marinate the peeled whole onions in orange zest and juice for about a half hour (or longer) before roasting them alongside the pork, which is sprinkled with some fresh cilantro before going into the oven.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder
- 1 sprig coriander
- 2 onions (medium)
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1Combine the lemon juice, garlic, white wine and salt and pour over the pork. Marinate overnight.
- 2Peel the onions and cover with the orange zest, juice and sugar. Marinate for about 30 minutes.
- 3Place the pork shoulder in a baking or roasting pan. Sprinkle with olive oil and chopped coriander. Season with a little pepper.
- 4Surround the pork with the onion and place in a medium-high preheated oven for about 1 hour.