Pork Shanks with Vin SantoL'Antro dell'Alchimista
The only thing better than a sweet roll is a sweet roll filled with chocolate. Pain au chocolat is made from the same kind of dough as a croissant, meaning it requires a multi-step "flaking" process. The pastries are rolled out and cut into rectangles and filled with a nugget of dark chocolate.Then, they need to rise overnight. before baking to flaky perfection in the oven the next morning.
- 2 shanks (pork)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces vin santo (may substitute a sweet dessert wine)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1Season the shanks with salt and pepper.
- 2Place the 2 tablespoons of oil in the slow cooker.
- 3Add the shanks.
- 4Pour the Vin Santo over the shanks.
- 5Set the slow cooker to high for 4 hours.