Pork Scallops SupremePork
Since cutlets are sauteed quickly, this dish is done fast enough to make to enjoy it as a weeknight candlelit dinner. Serve with a tossed salad and crusty bread.
- 1 pound pork cutlets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons carrots (diced)
- 2 tablespoons celery (diced)
- 2 tablespoons onions (diced)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg yolks (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 1 pound asparagus (cleaned and cooked)
- 1 carrots (thinly sliced and cooked)
- 4 mushrooms (sliced and sauteed)
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon butter in medium saucepan; add carrots, celery, onion and parsley. Cook and stir until tender. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour, then chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes. Strain; there should be 2 cups.
- 2Stir 1 cup broth mixture into the beaten egg yolk, return to heat for a few seconds. Keep warm.
- 3Melt remaining butter in large frypan. Saute pork cutlets until browned; remove from pan and keep warm.
- 4Add remaining chicken broth to pan; mix a little wine with 1 1/2 teaspoons flour and add to pan with remaining wine. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Return meat to sauce and heat.
- 5To serve, spoon wine sauce over bottom half of 4 plates; spoon egg sauce over top half. Arrange pork in center of plates. Garnish with asparagus, carrot and mushrooms slices.
PER SERVING *
|Calories330Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.