- 1/4 pound bacon (diced)
- 1/2 pound mushrooms (cleaned and roughly chopped)
- 1 bunch spring onions (finely sliced)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 3/4 pounds pork loin roast (butterflyed)
- 1 2/3 pounds small potatoes (about 25 potatoes)
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 bunch parsley (finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Fry bacon in a dry pan until crispy. Add mushrooms, sauté briefly, and season. Set aside a handful of chopped spring onions, then add remainder to mushrooms in pan and sauté. Leave the mixture to cool.
- Add a beaten egg to the cooled mushroom mixture, then spread mixture on inside of the pork to make a filling. Roll up the pork and secure with kitchen string. Rub with salt and pepper, place on a baking tray, and roast for about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile peel potatoes and cook in boiling water for 15 mins. Peel and slice carrots. Heat oil in a pan and sauté carrots. Crumble bouillon cubes into 1 cup of warm water. Sprinkle carrots with flour, add bouillon water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins.
- Shortly before the end of the cooking time, add the remaining spring onions to the carrots. Stir in the cream. Drain potatoes and sprinkle with parsley. Remove roast from oven, leave to rest for 5 mins, then slice and serve with the vegetables.
PER SERVING *
|Calories770Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.