- 8 pounds pork loin (center roast, bone-in)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 bunch green onions (whites and greens, chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 8 ounces herb seasoned stuffing
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1/2 salt (teasoon)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (divided)
- 1/4 cup honey
- fresh tarragon (springs, optional)
- lemon slices (optional)
- Combine lemon-pepper, tarragon and salt; mix well and rub onto surfaces of roast.
- For stuffing, melt butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add onions and garlic; cook over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes. Add mushrooms; continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine stuffing, parsley, lemon-pepper, tarragon, salt, egg, sherry and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a large bowl. Add cooked mixture and mix gently.
- Cut slits about 2 inches deep between ribs of roast, without cutting through the opposite side. Pack stuffing into slits.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Place a piece of aluminum foil loosely over top of roast just to cover stuffing. Roast at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes per pound or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Combine honey and remaining tablespoon of lemon juice; brush over roast and stuffing during the last 20 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh tarragon sprigs and lemon slices, if desired.