Pork Roast with Balsamic Cranberry SaucePork
This Pork Roast with Balsamic Cranberry Sauce hits all the right holiday flavors you love to enjoy!
- 3 pounds pork loin roast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 orange (large, zest and juice)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shallots (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2 Salt & pepper all sides of the pork tenderloin roast. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add olive oil, when oil is hot sear pork roast on all sides.
- 3 Place Dutch oven in oven and roast until the pork has an internal temperature between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) to of 160 degrees F. (medium), using a digital meat thermometer. This will take roughly 30 minutes.
- 4 While the roast is baking, in a saucepan over medium heat, add cranberries, sugar, water and orange zest and juice. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sauce will thicken. Remove from heat, set aside.
- 5 Remove roast from Dutch oven, set on a plate, and cover with foil.
- 6 Add butter to the drippings of the roast, melt, add shallots and garlic and sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Add chicken broth, scraping the bits from the sides and bottom of the pan. Add cranberry sauce and vinegar, stir and simmer for about 15 minutes for sauce to thicken up again.
- 7 Slice and serve with sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories800Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.