Savory roast with a tangerine glaze. Serve with alfredo noodles and buttered broccoli.
- 3 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tangerine (OR orange)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup tangerine juice (OR orange juice)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl combine mustard, salt and pepper. Rub roast with mustard mixture. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast pork in a 350 degree F. oven for 1 hour (20 minutes per pound) or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse tangerine or orange and remove peel, reserving peel. Section tangerine or orange and set aside. Remove white membrane from peel and cut about 2 tablespoons julienne strips. In small saucepan combine julienne strips and 1 cup water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes. Drain.
- In small saucepan combine tangerine or orange juice and honey. In small bowl combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. Add to tangerine juice-honey mixture. Cook over medium heat till thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Add butter and cooked peel; cook till butter melts, stirring constantly.
- Slice roast and arrange on serving platter. Garnish with tangerine or orange sections and spoon sauce over.