Adjust the amount of pepper to suit your family's tastes. Also be sure to cook the sauce until bubbly. Serve with green salad and seasoned roasted potatoes.
- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 jalapeno chile (finely chopped,, 1/2 small)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons parsley (snipped)
- For marinade, combine onion, water, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, jalapeno pepper, the 1/2 teaspoon thyme, salt and pepper. Place pork loin in a plastic bag. Pour marinade over meat. Seal tightly; place in bowl. Refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade, reserving marinade. Place loin on rack in roasting pan. Roast in 350 degree F. oven for 35-45 minutes (20 minutes per pound) or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from pan; let rest about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile strain remaining marinade. Deglaze pan with 1/2 cup of the beef broth; pour into a small saucepan. Add the strained marinade, sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon thyme to saucepan. Combine remaining broth with cornstarch; add to saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in parsley. Slice meat to serve; serve with sauce.