Pork Ribs with Prickly PearMadeleine Cocina
Pork ribs are a decadent and flavorful choice for dinner any night of the week. However, this recipe for Pork Ribs with Prickly Pear might be a perfect dinner for a special occasion, it is just that tasty. It takes an hour to prepare so make sure set aside time. There are a mere 100 calories per serving, so for a dinner dish, that is not bad. The sweet, savory and spicy flavors will tantalize the taste buds.
- 500 grams meat cuts (pork rib, into large squares)
- 1 cup water
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 5 stalks nopales (minced)
- 2 chile pepper (Pasilla)
- 1 ancho chile pepper (or Poblano chile pepper)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tomatoes (ripe)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1Place the meat in a large pot. Add water and lemon zest and cook the meat with the pot covered for about 10 minutes.
- 2Once the meat is cooked, uncover the pot and cook until the water evaporates.
- 3The meat will begin to cook release grease. When the meat is fully cooked, take it out and place it on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the excess grease from the meat. Drain excess grease from the pot as well.
- 4Put the meat back into the pot and while the meat is cooking, begin cooking the prickly pear,
- 5Cook the nopal in vegetable oil and cover the pot with a lid. Stir occasionally. Cook until the liquid released from the is completely evaporated.
- 6In a separate pot, boil some water and add the chile peppers, garlic, and tomatoes inside.
- 7When the peppers and the tomato become soft, remove them and liquefy them with 1/2 cup of water, onion powder, cumin, and cinnamon.
- 8Once the meat is ready, add the sauce and nopal to the meat and mix well.
- 9Cook everything on low heat for 10 minutes in a covered pot. Serve with tortillas.
PER SERVING *
|Calories100Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.