These oven roasted Pork Ribs with Pomegranate are quite literally finger licking good. Marinated in a herbed pomegranate and vinegar marinade that boasts hints of ginger and garlic. Allowing the meat to marinate for a couple hours before baking allo…
s for the meat to tenderize and for the flavor mature. Bake time for these ribs is 1 hour. 15 minutes before the end of the cook time, honey is spread onto the ribs allowing the exterior to caramelize slightly during the last minutes of cooking. Best served with a salad of fresh greens.
- 650 grams pork ribs (cut in strips)
- 1/2 pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cassis (Creme de)
- 1/3 tablespoon ginger (fresh or dried, grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 fresh thyme (branches)
- arugula leaves
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the ribs into strips.
- In an oven proof glass dish, add the pomegranate juice without seeds, 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, Cassis, ginger, garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon of honey, salt, and pepper.
- Stir well, add the meat, and marinate for a few hours.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, pour 1 tablespoon of honey on the meat, and cook for another 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle meat with fresh thyme.
- Serve with an arugula salad mixed with pomegranate seeds.