Rocoto chile peppers are very spicy. Add according to your family's taste.
- 2 pounds boneless country style pork ribs (cubed)
- cumin (to taste)
- 3 red onions (chopped)
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 3/4 cup aguachicha de jora
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 2 sprigs mint
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chile pepper (panca, OR red chile pepper, minced)
- 1 Rocoto chile pepper (OR other hot chile pepper, seeded)
- Season the meat with salt, pepper and cumin. Add the onion, wine, aguachicha de jora, vinegar, garlic, herbs and oil. Marinate in the refrigerator 12 hours.
- In a pot (Dutch oven), place the panca pepper, meat and marinade, and cook approximately one hour over medium-low heat, adjusting seasoning as needed. Add the rocoto chile, 5 minutes before taking off the stove.
- Serve on a deep plate or in bowl.
- * Typical Peruvian drink -a fresh brewed corn beer. Look for it in a specialty ethnic market.