Pork Pot Stickers and Green Curry-Coconut SaucePork
Ring the Chinese New Year with these tasty pot stickers. Be sure to try the Green Papaya Cole Slaw as a nice foil to the flavors. These work well for any celebration or gathering.
- 21 won ton wrappers (about 1/2 of a 12-oz package)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin (cut into cubes, about 1/2 of 1 tenderloin)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 1 tablespoon lemon grass (grated)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 10 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 lime (approx 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1For pot sticker filling: Combine all ingredients in a food processor; purée until smooth. Brush wonton wrappers lightly with water on one side. Place about 2 teaspoons of filling in the center of each wrapper. Fold the wrapper up around the filling, pressing to seal in pork filling. Set aside.
- 2For sauce: In a large saucepan, stir together all ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes; remove from heat. Set aside.
- 3In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Place pot stickers in the skillet; brown both sides. When pot stickers are brown, pour sauce in skillet. Bring to a boil; simmer for 1 minute. Serve pot stickers on plate, spoon sauce over top. Serve with Green Papaya Cole Slaw.
PER SERVING *
|Calories580Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.