Jennifer Asel of Avondale, PA won first place at Delaware State Fair with this stuffed chop that is grilled.
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Combine cream cheese and cumin in a small bowl. Cut opening in each chop from the outer side, creating a pocket, being careful not to cut through the other side of the chop. Fill each pocket with equal amounts of cream cheese mixture. Secure with wooden toothpicks in several areas to help prevent cream cheese mixture from escaping during the cooking process.
- Combine preserves and cranberries in a small metallic bowl or pan. Place on grill over direct heat until it begins to bubble. Place on indirect heat to keep warm.
- Place pork chops on grill and cook 3 minutes; turn and cook 3 minutes longer or until richly browned, using a spatula to prevent the cheese mixture from leaking out. Move pork chops to indirect heat and continue cooking for an additional 4 to 6 minutes per side or until an inserted meat thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place pork on serving platter and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, add the horseradish to apricot mixture. Stir well. Spoon equal amounts over each pork chop.