- 4 ounces pork loin (cooked, cut into julienne strips)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled)
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 red bell pepper (small, chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Slice carrots thinly on the diagonal, place in microwavable bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high 3-4 minutes until tender-crisp. Let cool. Place pork, peas, bell pepper, and macaroni in large shallow serving bowl. Add carrots and mix with pork.
- For dressing, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper in small bowl; pour over pasta mixture, toss gently, top with cheese.
- Serves 4.
- *Or use 1 cup crinkle cut carrots.
- Wine suggestion: Serve with a chilled rose or a dry Riesling.