A sandwich version of the classic Piccata, these sandwiches borrow the lemon flavor profile that’s a satisfying foil to cutlets sautéed in butter. Accompany with Creamy Cabbage Slaw, cherry tomatoes and chips.
- 4 pork cutlets (4 ounces, 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper (reduced sodium)
- 2 teaspoons butter (unsalted)
- 4 sandwich buns (large, split)
- lemon wedges
- Coat cutlets well with lemon pepper to taste. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter to sizzling over medium-high heat. Cook cutlets quickly to brown both sides, turning once, about 4 minutes total. Place on buns; serve with lemon wedges.
Melinda 5 months ago
This was delish! I toasted a bun in the leftover butter in the skillet and slathered on a layer of Alabama white BBQ sauce.. yummy! A crunch leaf of lettuce would have been the cherry on top but that my friend, I did not have. Next time... oh my!