The flavor of fall in minutes. Complete the meal with buttered brussel sprouts and roasted potatoes.
- 4 boneless pork sirloin chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon (style mustard)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tart apples (crisp-, cored, peeled and cut into eighths)
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram (ground)
- black pepper (sprinkle, freshly ground)
- Melt butter and brown chops for about 2-3 minutes per side. Stir together apple juice, mustard, wine and broth. Add apple slices to chops. Sprinkle with marjoram and pepper. Salt, if desired. Pour liquid mixture over chops, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chops when internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F and apple slices are tender; allow to rest 3 minutes and keep warm. Increase heat to high and cook liquid, uncovered, until slightly thickened. Arrange chops and apple slices on a serving platter and pour sauce over. Serve immediately.