- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion (peeled and cut into strips)
- 2 ounces white bread (slightly stale)
- 4 slices bread (brown)
- 1 pound tomatoes (cut into thick slices)
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 4 pork steaks (thin, about 5 oz each, cut into thirds)
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves (chopped)
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the onion for about 5 mins. Season, then add 3/4 cup of water, bring to a boil and cook for 20 more mins.
- To make bruschetta, blitz the stale bread in a blender or food processor, turning it into breadcrumbs, then put to aside. Next, spread the onions over the bottom of a baking dish, cover this with the brown bread then layer the tomato slices and halves over the top. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs then dust with 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese. Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for about 40 mins.
- Season the pork. Next, beat the eggs with the rest of the cheese in a bowl. Put the flour in a separate bowl, then, one by one, dip the pork pieces first into the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Heat remaining olive oil in a pan and cook the meat in batches, turning, until it is cooked through.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped basil. Serve the pork with some bruschetta on the side.
|Calories1370Calories from Fat860|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat860|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.