Simple elegance. Serve with Caeser salad and buttered sugar peas.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 3/4 pound plums (purple, pitted and coarsely chopped*)
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeno chile (minced**)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- Cut pork crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Place each slice between plastic wrap. Using heel of hand, press to 1/2-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap and season lightly with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork slices and cook for 3 minutes per side or until pork is golden brown. Transfer to serving platter; keep warm.
- To make chutney, add chutney ingredients to skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Pour hot chutney over pork medallions and serve.