Celebrate with this elegant dish. Serve with buttered noodles and steamed asparagus.
- 2 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup light cream
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- Cut each tenderloin crosswise into six 1-inch thick slices. With a meat mallet or cleaver, pound each slice to 1/2-inch thickness.
- In a large skillet cook pork medallions in hot butter over medium heat about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove pork to a warm platter; season with salt. Keep warm.
- For the sauce, add wine to skillet drippings. Bring to boiling, scraping up any browned bits in skillet. Add cream, garlic and pepper. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in capers. To serve, pour sauce over pork.