- 1 pound pork tenderloin (cut into 1-inch thick slices)
- black pepper (coarsely ground)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 16 ounces pears (in heavy syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pear brandy (OR pear schnapps)
- Coat each side of medallions with pepper, set aside.
- Combine pears, nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon juice, salt and brandy in blender container and puree. Place pear puree in saucepan and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add medallions and onion to pan. Brown pork on one side, about 2 minutes, turn. Add pear mixture to pan, adjust heat to a simmer. Continue cooking 7-8 minutes. Serve medallions with sauce on side.