- 2 pounds pork loin roast
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces frozen spinach (chopped, thawed, well drained)
- 6 slices bacon (cooked well done, drained and crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon dijon (style mustard)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Butterfly pork loin by cutting roast horizontally to within 1/4-inch of the other side. Do not cut all the way through. Open out and pound to 8x8-inch rectangle.
- Meanwhile, cook onion and garlic in hot oil until tender; remove from heat. Press well-drained spinach between several sheets of paper towels to remove moisture. Add to onion mixture along with crumbled bacon, Parmesan cheese, mustard, basil and pepper. Mix well. Spread spinach mixture on pork rectangle. Roll up into a spiral. Tie with kitchen string to secure.
- Place pork in shallow pan and roast in a 350 degree F. oven for 40-45 minutes (20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes. Slice to serve, removing string.