Pork Loin and Red Pepper Mallorcan FlatbreadLa Cocina de Babel
Inspired by the flavors of the Mallorcan coast, this flatbread is loaded with toppings and flavor. The flatbread crust is easily made with just 4 simple ingredients, no yeast required! Roasted red peppers, thinly sliced pork loin, and onions sit atop the flatbread and are baked for 30 minutes or until done. With no added fat from sauce or cheese, this flatbread is a healthy lunch or dinner option on the weekend. The leftovers can also be eaten cold for lunch the next day.
- 400 grams flour
- 125 milliliters water
- 125 milliliters olive oil
- 4 red bell pepper (large, whole)
- 1 onions (finely sliced)
- 400 grams pork tenderloin (finely sliced)
- 1 handful fresh parsley (roughly chopped)
- olive oil
- 1Turn the oven’s broiler on. Put the red peppers on a baking tray and broil them, turning occasionally, until they are roasted on all sides. It is alright if they turn black.
- 2Let the peppers cool, peel the skins off, and tear them into sections using your fingers. Set them in a colander to drain and set them aside.
- 3Separately, in a large bowl, mix together a handful of flour and a pinch of salt. Add the water and olive oil and stir everything together with a fork. Start adding the rest of the flour little by little while you continue stirring until it forms a ball and starts to come away from the sides of the bowl.
- 4Start kneading by hand while you continue to add more flour. When you see the dough is no longer sticky, stop adding flour so it does not get too hard.
- 5Line a 30- by 45-centimeter baking tray with parchment paper.
- 6Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface to a width of 1/2 centimeter. Transfer it onto the baking tray.
- 7Sprinkle the drained peppers, onion slices, and pork loin slices over the top of the dough. Top with parsley. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and salt to taste.
- 8Bake for half an hour or until the edges are golden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories830Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.