- 1 pork hock (fresh)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces turnip greens (frozen, thawed)
- 26 ounces mustard greens (frozen, thawed)
- In 2-quart saucepan, combine water and pork hock. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover, simmer 1-2 hours, or until tender. Remove hock and chill broth until fat can be spooned off surface. Discard fat. Remove meat from hock, trimming any fat.
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, cook onion in oil over low heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add broth, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper to onions. Bring to boil, stir in greens and meat from hock, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20-30 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onion and tomatoes.