- 2 pounds pork leg (402 D Leg, outside muscle, 1”-1 ½” strips, approx. 1 ounce ea)
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup a.p flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (ground)
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard (spicy)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon cajun seasoning (Slap Ya Mama)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 lemon juiced (fresh squeezed)
- hot pepper sauce (To taste)
- 1. Buttermilk brine: in a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Submerge the pork tenders in the brine and let marinate for 2-4 hours.
- 2. Mississippi Comeback Sauce: In a food processor or blender, place all the ingredients and process until well mixed and combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- 3. Combine all of the dredge mixture ingredients and stir to combine. Remove the pork from the brine mixture and drain. Place the pork into the dredge and mix well to combine. Allow the pork tenders to rest in the dredge for 10 minutes.
- 1. To serve: Pre-heat a fryer to 350°F. Remove the pork tenders from the dredge mix and shake off the excess dredge mixture. Fry for approximately 90 seconds or until cooked through. Serve with the Mississippi Comeback sauce.