This Chinese chow-house favorite starts with fresh pork, stir-fried with all ingredients for a satisfying one-dish supper. You could even use leftover pork loin roast. Serve with a Szechuan Cucumbers and surprise your family with fortune cookies for dessert.
- 3/4 pound boneless pork loin
- 5 slices bacon (diced)
- 1 cup mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green onions (thinly sliced)
- 3 cups cooked rice (chilled)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Slice pork against grain 1/8-inch thick, then into small strips about 1 1/2x 1/2-inch. In large nonstick skillet cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon, reserving 3 tablespoons fat. Stir-fry pork in 2 tablespoons reserved bacon fat until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Remove pork and reserve. In remaining tablespoon bacon fat stir-fry mushrooms and onions for 2 minutes, until tender. Return pork to pan with reserved bacon, rice and eggs. Cook and stir to set eggs, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.