- 2 pounds Pork Backbone (Or Back Ribs, Cut Into Small Chunks)
- 3 pounds fresh leg of pork (Cut Into 1-Inch Cubes)
- 4 quarts water
- 1 head garlic (Whole And Fresh Roots And All)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups pork stock (From Step One)
- 10 ounces dried pasilla chile peppers (Lightly Toasted And Seeded)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 ounces prepared corn tamale dough (Sized, Or Prepared Tortilla Flour Mix Dough)
- In a large saucepan, combine pork, garlic and salt and let boil for 30 minutes or until pork is slightly tender. Skim as necessary. Remove saucepan from heat and remove garlic head.
- In a blender, combine three cups of the liquid from pork stock in Step 1 with the all the ingredients from Step 2. Blend until smooth. Strain puree and combine with pork in large saucepan. Mix well and heat over low temperature stirring frequently for 30 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and let pork cool for 10 minutes. Serve with diced onion, cilantro, lime and dried oregano.