Pork En FuegoPork
- 1 pound pork tenderloin (cut into 1-inch thick pieces)
- 3 strips bacon (sliced into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (diced)
- 4 teaspoons garlic (minced, about 8 cloves)
- 1/3 cup tequila (Cabo Wabo, OR favorite reposado tequila)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (reduced sodium)
- 3/4 cup roma tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1/4 cup hot cherry peppers (jarred, chopped)
- 1/4 cup spice mix (En Fuego, see below)
- 4 ounces havarti cheese (thinly sliced)
- 4 Ciabatta rolls (split)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil (julienned)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder (OR granulated garlic)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried leaves oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper (cracked)
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1For spice blend, combine spice blend in shallow dish or pie plate.
- 2In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon just until crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate with paper towels and discard bacon drippings in skillet.
- 3In same skillet, over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon unsalted butter. Add onion. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender and begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- 4Remove skillet from heat. Slowly pour in tequila. Return to heat; cook and stir over low heat for about 30 seconds to remove bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes and hot cherry peppers. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until most, but not all of the liquid has evaporated.
- 5Meanwhile, coat pork pieces with spice blend, pressing to adhere. Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat for direct grilling.
- 6Grill pork pieces, uncovered, for 5 to 6 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, turning pork over halfway during grilling. Transfer pork to clean cutting board; set aside.
- 7Split rolls and grill, uncovered about 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Turn off one burner on grill. Remove roll tops from grill. Turn roll bottoms over and move to area over unlit burner. Top the cut sides of the roll with cheese. Close lid and grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted; remove from grill.
- 8Cut pork pieces into strips. When sauce is reduced, add pork strips, crumbled bacon, basil and cilantro. Cover and simmer about 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- 9To serve, spoon pork mixture evenly on roll bottoms; top with green onions. Cover with roll tops to form sandwich.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1840Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Crispy Baked PorkSlender Kitchen
Pork Souvlaki With OreganoBBC
Parmesan Baked Pork ChopsJust a Pinch
Chili PorkMetabolic Balance
Low Carb Chinese BBQ Pork – Keto Char Siu PorkMy Keto Kitchen
Thai Grilled Pork | Moo YangLeite's Culinaria
Garlic-Herb Roast PorkPork
Crispy Slow-Roasted Pork BellyThe Spruce
Char Siu Porkoldfatguy.ca
Hummus en Fuego101 Cookbooks
Pork En FuegoPork
Fire Salsa -- Salsa del FuegoMexican Please
Chili En FuegoA Well Fed Life
The Piña de Fuego - A Tequila CocktailGastronom
Chocolate del Fuego Coctél (Chocolate on Fire Cocktail)Boulder Locavore
Spicy Chocolate Brownies En FuegoHungry Enough To Eat Six
Open-Faced Egg Quesadillas with Fuego Salsa & AvocadoBig Girls Small Kitchen
“Al Fuego” Grilled Chicken Thighs with Mango Chorizo Sauce and Plantain FriesCooking Contest Central
Pozole RápidoThe Vegetatian Blog
Pork Tenderloin With Sage And Celeriac DauphinoiseBBC
New Mexico Green Chile Stuffed Pork TenderloinI Am New Mexico
Roast Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Apple-Green Chile SalsaMyRecipes
Honey Mustard Pork TenderloinThe Lean Green Bean
Pork Tenderloin with Cilantro-Lime PestoPork
Spicy Pork Tenderloin Green ChiliGoing My Wayz
Thai Green Curry Pork TenderloinSeasons and Suppers
Chili and Maple Glazed Pork TenderloinA Year of Slow Cooking
Bbq Roasted Pork Tenderloin Stuffed With Braised Collard Greens & Caramelized OnionsPork