- 4 boneless pork chops (1-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated, divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire
- 1 bunch broccoli
- In a heavy saucepan melt butter, add the flour and stir to blend. Add milk, cook and stir until sauce is thickened and smooth. Stir in 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, the nutmeg, sherry, and Worcestershire sauce. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Brown chops on one side, about 4-5 minutes; turn and cook other side 5-6 minutes longer (10-12 minutes total) until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Chop broccoli; cook in salted water until tender; drain. Arrange chopped broccoli on serving platter. Pour 1 cup sauce over, top with chops and garnish with additional sauce. Sprinkle with reserved Parmesan cheese.