Serve over rice and with warm pitas. Enjoy!
- 1 pound pork tenderloin (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1/3 cup celery (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium tomato (seeded and chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups apple (chopped, unpared)
- 4 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- cooked rice (optional)
- plain yogurt (optional)
- 4 tablespoons peanuts (chopped, optional)
- In a large frying pan heat oil to medium-hot. Add pork cubes, onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pork is brown and vegetables are tender. Stir in curry powder, garlic powder, tomato, apple, water and bouillon granules; mixing well. Reduce temperature to low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Remove cover and continue cooking 5-10 minutes, until of desired consistency.
- Serve on a bed of hot cooked rice and top each serving with plain yogurt and chopped peanuts, if desired.