Fix the classic Cordon Bleu using boneless pork chops. Serve with elegant dish with Caesar salad, steamed asparagus and French bread.
- 4 boneless pork chops (4 ounce each)
- 2 ounces prosciutto (OR wafer thin ham)
- 2 ounces swiss cheese (cut into 2 x 1/4" rectangles)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 eggs (beaten with 1 teaspoon water)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (fine)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Slice each chop lengthwise almost in half to butterfly. Between two pieces of plastic wrap, pound each butterflied chop to 1/8-inch thickness. On half of each chop, place 1/2-ounce proscuitto and 1 piece of cheese. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon thyme. Roll chops to enclose filling. Coat with flour, dip in egg wash and roll in bread crumbs.
- In large frying pan, melt butter. Add pork and cook 10-12 minutes, turning frequently until cooked through and browned on all sides. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.