Pork Cooked in Alentejo's wayHoje para Jantar
- 800 clams (grs of)
- 750 pork (grs of)
- 3 tablespoons chili (sweet)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 15 deciliters white wine
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 tablespoons oil (or margarine)
- potatoes (for frying)
- 2 bay leaves
- pickles (to taste)
- 1Place the clams in a large bowl with water and salt.
- 2Let them stay for a few hours and change the water to throw out the sand that will be releasing.
- 3Cut the pork into cubes and season with garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, bay leaf and wine.
- 4Leave to marinate by eve or with enough time in advance.
- 5Peel the potatoes, cut them into cubes and fry them.
- 6Meanwhile, heat a frying pan on the stove and add the lard and margarine or olive oil.
- 7Add the meat and fry over low heat.
- 8Stir until its golden, then pour the marinade.
- 9Add the clams and cook for 10 minutes.
- 10Add the chips and garnish with pickles.