- 4 New York (top loin) pork chops (1 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 15 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 ounces great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno chile (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In medium bowl toss together beans, tomatoes, cilantro, vinegar, onion, jalapeno, garlic and seasonings. Let stand at least one hour to allow flavors to develop. Cover and refrigerate for longer storage.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chops about 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove chops from pan and allow to rest for 3-5 minute. Serve with bean salsa.