- 4 boneless ribeye (rib) pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup gari (chipped)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon mint leaves (snipped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Generously season pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; fry until light brown on both sides (or about 4 minutes per side). Transfer to paper towels to drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, reduce heat to medium. Gradually whisk flour into pan drippings; cook and whisk 1 to 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine. Simmer until thickened and bubbly (about 4 to 5 minutes), stirring occasionally. Return pork chops to skillet, turning to coat. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until pork chops are heated through and register 145 degrees F on an instant-read meat thermometer and allow to rest for 3 minutes. Serve with rice, if desired.