- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic (halved)
- 1 red chili (deseeded and cut into strips)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 sprigs fresh flat leaf parsley (little reserved for garnish, remainder finely chopped)
- 16 beets (small raw, peeled)
- 8 pork chops (small, about 2 oz each)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 5 tablespoons goat cheese (creamy, crumbled)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grind the peppercorns, coriander, allspice, and cumin with a mortar and pestle. Transfer to a pan, add the garlic and gently toast until browned and fragrant. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the chili, sea salt, 1 tbsp oil, and 4 tbsp water to the garlic mixture. Stir in the parsley and the beets. Cut 4 squares of parchment paper and place 4 beets in the center of each. Drizzle over the remaining spicy marinade. Gather the edges together and tie with kitchen string. Place in a roasting pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Season the pork with salt. Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the chops for 1-2 minutes on each side until cooked through. Season with black pepper, remove from the heat, and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
- Remove the beets from the oven. Carefully open the packets and sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve with the pork chops, garnished with parsley.
PER SERVING *
|Calories660Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.