- 4 ribeye (rib) pork chops
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 gala apples (chopped into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- Make the Pork Chops: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; add just enough vegetable oil to lightly coat bottom of skillet. Place chops in skillet; cook 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to oven and bake 6 to 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F for medium-rare (or 160 degrees F for medium). Transfer chops to serving platter and let rest 3 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, make the Spicy Applesauce: Heat olive oil in medium pot over medium-high heat. Add apples and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add brown sugar, vinegar, red pepper flakes, cayenne, salt and pepper; cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in rosemary. Serve pork chops with warm applesauce.