- 8 New York pork chops (top loin, 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white onion (diced)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 24 ounces salsa (de Tomate, LaPreferida or Goya)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork loin chops and brown 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add diced onions, peppers and garlic; cook 5 minutes until browned and softened, stirring occasionally. Add tomato sauce and chili powder, cook 5 minutes; reduce heat to low. Return pork loin chops to pan. Simmer 8 to10 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Serve over yellow rice with pigeon peas.