- 14 ounces potato dumpling mix
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (coarse sourdough)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves (chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish)
- 1/2 cup pistachios (roughly chopped)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 28 ounces pork chops
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds baby carrots
- lemon zest (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare dumpling mix according to package instructions then break into irregular pieces.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, parsley, pistachios, egg, mustard and 2 tbsp butter. Season and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook pork chops on both sides, until browned. Transfer to a baking sheet and spread pistachio mixture over top. Bake for 30 mins, or until pork is cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, bring sugar and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil. Boil until syrupy. Add lemon juice and carrots. Cook gently for 8-10 mins, or until tender.
- Melt remaining butter in a separate pan and sauté dumplings until crispy. Serve with pork chops and carrots. Garnish with lemon zest and parsley sprigs.