Stuffed pork chops with a classic pesto sauce. Serve with angel hair pasta and steamed snow peas.
- 4 ribeye (rib) pork chops (1 1/4-inches thick)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (firmly packed)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (snipped)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons pinenuts
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices white bread (lightly toasted and torn into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt (To taste)
- pepper (To taste)
- With a sharp knife cut opening in the rib side of each chop. Insert knife in each opening and cut a pocket without cutting through to other side of chop. Set chops aside.
- Place basil, parsley, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts and garlic in blender container or food processor bowl. Blend or process about 30 seconds or until finely chopped. With blender or food processor running, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Transfer mixture to a small bowl; stir in bread pieces. Sprinkle water over bread mixture, tossing lightly to combine.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing mixture into each chop. In a large skillet, brown chops on each side in the remaining hot oil. Place chops in a large baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tender.