- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 pears (medium ripe, Bosc, Bartlett or Anjou)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorns (crushed)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and season with salt and white pepper. Cook about 4 minutes per side, turning once, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove chops to a serving platter; allow to rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut pears in half lengthwise and core; do not peel. Slice pears in 1/8-inch slices. Melt butter in same skillet; cook pears in butter for 1 minute, stirring gently to coat completely with butter. Stir in the peppercorns and cook, stirring constantly but gently, for 2 minutes more. Spoon the pear sauce over chops. Sprinkle with blue cheese.