Dinner for two done in a flash. Enjoy over a candlelit table with wild rice, broiled tomatoes and French bread.
- 2 boneless pork chops (3/4- inch thick)
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 Orange (medium, peeled and sliced)
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook chops for 4 minutes on each side, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove pork chops; allow to rest for 3 minutes and keep warm.
- Melt butter inskillet over medium heat, cook orange slices and green onions inbutter until oranges are heated through. Arrange oranges on top of pork chops; keep warm. Stir together orange juice, flour and seasonings, add to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Spoon sauce over chops and oranges.