- 1/4 pound cooked ham (diced)
- 5 tablespoons oil (divided)
- 1 cabbage (about 2lb, cut into strips)
- 4 pork chops (about 6oz each)
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (mixed with water to a paste)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat milk
- 1/3 cup mashed potato (instant)
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 4 sprigs fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- Place ham and 3 tbsp oil in a Dutch oven. Stir and heat, then remove 1 tbsp ham and set aside. Add the cabbage to the Dutch oven and cook for 10 mins, turning often. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the pork for 2 mins on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Add the stock and sour cream to the juices in the pan and bring to a boil. Stir in the mustard, then the corn starch paste and bring to the boil again. Simmer for 1 min. Season with salt and black pepper. Keep warm.
- Bring 1 2/3 cup salted water to the boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the milk. Stir in the instant mash with a wooden spoon. Stir in the butter.
- Arrange the cabbage and pork on a platter. Drizzle over some of the sauce and sprinkle with half the parsley. Spoon the mash into a bowl and sprinkle with the reserved ham and remaining parsley. Serve with the remaining sauce.
|Calories610Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.