- 6 boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (divided)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup leek (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup carrot (shredded)
- 1 cup pitted dates (snipped)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (OR cranberries)
- 1/2 cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons orange peel (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cups bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush chops with 2 tablespoons melted butter; arrange in a shallow casserole. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; spoon 2 tablespoons brown sugar on top of chops.
- For dressing, in a medium saucepan melt 3 tablespoons butter. Saute leeks and carrot for 5 minutes, until leeks are tender. Stir in dates, orange juice and cherries; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in pecans, remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar, orange peel and nutmeg. Stir in bread cubes to moisten. Spoon stuffing over the chops, spreading to cover. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes, or until chops are tender.