- 6 boneless ribeye (rib) pork chops (1 1/4-inches thick)
- 1/4 cup onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces corn (drained)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cut an opening in each chop from the rib side, widening the pocket, without cutting through the other side of the chop. Set aside.
- Cook onion in butter in a medium saucepan 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in crumbs, corn, thyme and pepper. Fill pocket in each chop with an equal amount of stuffing.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; add chops and brown on each side. Pour off drippings. Add water; cover tightly and cook over low heat 20-30 minutes. Allow to pork to rest 5 minutes before serving.