- 4 pork chops (1 1/4-inches thick)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place chops on rack in broiler pan. Broil 4-5 inches from heat for 5 minutes on each side. Continue broiling, turning occasionally, about 4 minutes more, for a total of 12-16 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Meanwhile cook celery and onion in oil in a large skillet for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in water, rice and caraway seed. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Stir in lemon juice and salt. Arrange pork chops on top of rice mixture.