- 4 bone-in ribeye (rib) pork chops (1 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme (crushed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tart apples (large, cored, peeled and cut into wedges)
- Pat chops dry. In small bowl mix together thyme, pepper and salt; season both sides of chops; set aside.
- In large heavy skillet melt the butter with the sugar over moderately high heat; add the apples and sauté for 30-40 minutes, until apples begin to brown. Turn apples, cook for 5 minutes more, until they are golden brown and the sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Heat another heavy skillet over medium-high heat, brush with a little vegetable oil. Add chops and brown on onside, for 7-8 minutes per side, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Serve chops with apples.
Kelly 22 Sep
I added more apple and butter, pinch of sugar, for some extra but we ate it all and we loved it. Served it with jasmine rice, green beans, fresh cut! Yum! Thank you. km