- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 1/3 pounds potatoes (peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 head cauliflower (outer leaves cut off)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup clarified butter
- 8 pork chops (about 3.5 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 3/4 ounces parmesan (grated)
- grated nutmeg (Pinch freshly)
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the potatoes and season to taste. Cook for 15-20 mins, gradually adding the stock so that the potatoes are always covered with liquid.
- Cook the whole cauliflower in boiling salted water for 10 mins. Drain and refresh with cold water. Cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices and pat dry.
- Whisk together the eggs and half the cream and place in a shallow dish. Place the breadcrumbs and flour on separate plates. Coat the cauliflower slices first in the flour, then the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs.
- Melt 4 tbsp clarified butter in a frying pan and fry the cauliflower in batches for 1-2 mins on each side, until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Season the pork and thinly coat with the mustard. Heat 2 tbsp clarified butter in a frying pan and fry the pork for 2 mins on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Stir the parsley, Parmesan, 1 tbsp butter and remaining cream into the potatoes. Season and add nutmeg to taste. Serve with the pork and cauliflower.
|Calories1000Calories from Fat450|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat450|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.