These flavorful chops are a tasty way to impress weekend guests without spending all your time in the kitchen. Serve with Mustard New PotatoesSauteed Sugar Peas and hot dinner rolls.
- 8 boneless pork chops (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon green onion (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- black pepper
- Place chops in a shallow pan. Combine next six ingredients; add to pan with pork; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours. When ready to cook, remove chops from marinade. Reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; saute chops on both sides; about 8-9 minutes total until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove from pan and let rest for 3-5 minutes and keep warm. Pour off all oil. Add marinade to pan and heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer a few minutes. Add butter; swirl pan to melt butter. Season to taste. Place chops on plates, spoon sauce over chops.