- 250 grams onions (peeled, halved and cut into rings)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped finely)
- 500 grams peppers (colourful, seeded and cut into strips)
- 6 pork steaks (each 125g-150g)
- 250 grams minced beef
- 4 teaspoons dried herbs (such as oregano, thyme, basil)
- 200 grams double cream (lactose-free)
- 425 milliliters chopped tomatoes
- 150 grams Emmental (lactose-free, grated)
- fresh oregano (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a large pan and sear the pork chops, turning as necessary. Season, remove from the pan then place in an ovenproof dish. Add 2 tbsp oil to the pan and sauté the onions until golden-brown then remove from the heat. Add 2 tbsp oil to the pan and brown the ground beef, stirring. Add the garlic and peppers and cook for 4-5 mins. Add the dried herbs and season. Add 2/3 cup water and the cream. Add the tomatoes and 1/2 the cooked onions, bring the mixture to a boil then simmer, covered, for about 5 mins.
- Pour the bolognese sauce over the pork chops, sprinkle with the remaining onions and cheese and bake for 30-45 mins. Cover with foil then cook for another 45 mins. Serve sprinkled with fresh oregano.