- 8 New York pork chops (thinly cut, 18 ounces total)
- salt (To taste)
- pepper (To taste)
- 2 teaspoons butter (divided)
- 2 teaspoons virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained well, cut into slivers)
- 1/3 cup artichoke hearts (chopped, from a 16-oz can)
- 1/4 cup black olives (rinsed and chopped)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- Sprinkle both sides of chops with salt and pepper. Melt 1 teaspoon each of the butter and oil in a large heavy skillet. Add half of the chops; fry over medium-high heat on both sides for 2 minutes or until no longer pink. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. Repeat with remaining butter, oil and chops.
- Return skillet to heat and add chicken broth. Add tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in black olives and cream along with pork chops and any plate juice. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot, buttered white rice.